Women’s Health Queensland provides a range of education and training opportunities for professionals and organisations.
Our education modules are designed to be delivered as distinct trainings or combined in flexible ways to create bespoke training packages which are customised to your organisations needs.
Introduction to equity and gendered violence
- Learn the facts, terminology, key drivers, and reinforcing factors of gendered violence
- Understand the social, economic and health impact of gendered violence
- Explore gender equity and your role in prevention
- Know how to recognise, respond to and seek-help for victims/survivors
Introduction to trauma and healing
- Learn about the types and prevalence of trauma in our community
- Understand how trauma impacts all aspects of a person’s wellbeing
- Recognise the ‘red flags of trauma’
- Gain basic skills in how you can respond and encourage healing from trauma
Being an Ally
- Recognise when someone is navigating coercive control or violence in their intimate relationship
- Learn the four critical steps to being an ally
- Gain skills on how to get help for self and others
- Explore how allies can respond to community attitudes to gender inequality and violence
Foundational: Introduction to Gendered violence, Trauma and Healing-Informed Practice
- Combining the learning outcomes of our Gendered Violence + Equity, Trauma and Healing and Being an Ally.
Primary prevention of violence
- Understand the gendered drivers and reinforcing factors, and their application in primary prevention
- Identify the successful components and potential challenges in a variety of primary prevention campaigns
- Develop a toolkit of useful violence prevention frameworks
- Learn skills in how to design, implement and evaluate a primary prevention initiative
Primary prevention program design & collaboration workshop
- Design a primary prevention strategy for your community
- Assess readiness for change & design approaches to influence community values and attitudes to violence.
- Develop strategies to counteract resistance and challenges.
- Identify key stakeholders and local supports.
- Develop your implementation plan.
- Create your community of practice.
Primary Prevention of Violence + Program Design & Collaboration Workshop
- Combining the training of Primary Prevention of Violence + Program Design & Collaboration Workshop.
Respect and consent (Youth Workshop)
- Learn about the myths and facts on sexual and intimate partner violence
- Understand the role of respect and consent in intimate relationships
- Find ways to create safer, healthier and more equal relationships with friends and intimate partners
Gender, violence and trauma-informed healthcare
- Understand the links between gender as a social determinant and the preventable health burden of violence against women in Australia;
- Gain confidence in the practice of equity-focussed, trauma-informed healthcare provision;
- Effectively develop a care plan, referral pathway and organisational framework that supports individuals and families affected by trauma.
- Optional short exam (for the purposes of CPD points)
- Understand trauma theory and trauma neurobiology
- Develop knowledge of trauma-informed, healing-centred practice
- Expand knowledge of therapeutic trauma-informed practice tools
- Gain confidence to implement therapeutic skills in diverse settings
- Understand how to effectively navigate the issues surrounding of media reporting of violence against women.
- Expand your skills in reporting to promote the prevention of violence.
- Learn how to work effectively and appropriately with victim/survivors.
- Skills for reporting accurately and fairly while holding perpetrators to account.
- Communicate in new ways to promote equity and dissolve stereotypes
For more information about our education and training opportunities please contact: Melissa (Community Engagement and Education) email@example.com