In order to spread our vision that “at all women have safe and inclusive communities in which they are resourced to live their best lives”, advocacy is important to allow women and marginalised people to voice stories and campaigns that contribute to change.
Women’s Health and Equality Queensland has contributed to numerous submission and consultations, and will continue to advocate to promote and prioritise equality for all people.
- Joint submission with EVAWQ to the consultation draft bill for Domestic and Family Violence Protection (Combating Coercive Control) and other Legislation Amendment Bill 2022. Read here.
- Submission for Decriminalisation of Sex Work June 2022. Read here.
- Position statement on January 26th Invasion Day 2022. Read here.
- Position statement on the Religious Discrimination Bills November 2021. Read here.
- Submission to Consultation for the Queensland Women’s Strategy October 2021. Read here.
- General submission and in relation to Discussion Paper 2 Women’s Safety and Justice Taskforce Consultation July 2021. Read here
- General submission and in relation to Discussion Paper 1 Women’s Safety and Justice Taskforce Consultation July 2021. Read here
- Submission to Consultation for the 5th National Plan to Reduce Violence Against Women and their Children July 2021. Read here
- Submission to ACARA Australian Curriculum Review Consultation July 2021. Read here
- Submission to Criminal Code (Consent and Mistake of Fact) and Other Legislation Amendment Bill September 2020. Read here