Women’s Health Queensland is a not-for-profit organisation whose purpose is to advance the health and wellbeing of all Queensland women. Our head office is in Brisbane and we maintain a statewide footprint through partnering with local organisations and through the leveraging of technology. Women’s Health Queensland has four strategic approaches to improving outcomes for women:
- Woman-centred – we support individual women, co-design programs with women, listen to women and respond to their needs, and support others to provide woman-centred approaches.
- Influencing change in communities through primary prevention of violence and gender equity programs.
- Build capability of organisations that support women through education and training, research, and partnerships.
- Sustainability – in all that we do, WHQ focusses on holistic and sustainable environmental, organisational and community practices.
Download a copy of our Strategic Plan 2020 – 2023 here
Download a copy of our Annual Report 2018 – 2019 here
To advance the health and wellbeing of all Queensland women.
That all women have safe and inclusive communities in which they are resourced to live their best lives.
We support a diversity of women including people who:
- are culturally and linguistically diverse;
- are or have experiences of violence or trauma;
- are experiencing disadvantage;
- are living with/impacted by disability;
- have diverse bodies, sexualities and genders;
- have been criminalised;
- are unable to speak openly about their health issues;
- identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander;
- live in a rural, regional or remote area;
- who may otherwise not have access to support.
- Woman-centred – we recognise each woman’s strength, resilience and wisdom, acknowledging them as the experts in their lives and placing their unique needs at the centre of their care.
- Collaborative – we continuously learn and share, knowing that united, we are more powerful.
- Compassionate – we respect the unique experiences of each person, acknowledging our shared humanity and working with kindness to self and others.
- Agile – we easily and effectively adapt, creating success in diverse environments and ways.
- Equitable – we embrace and celebrate differences, consciously providing resources to support the best opportunities and outcomes for all.
- To make high quality, appropriate healthcare and information accessible to all women via a range of modalities, with the aim of facilitating their decision making and improving their health.
- To share knowledge, partner with others and provide training that increases the capability of professionals and organisations to best address the needs of women.
- To advocate for and promote women’s health as a priority issue.
- To be an effective, independent and dynamic organisation consistent with its purpose, vision and values.
- To maintain an active role in the development of the women’s health sector in Queensland.
- To support communities to become safer and more equitable places for women.